Saturday, November 5, 2016

"Still Breathing"

"Still Breathing"


I'm like a child looking off on the horizon
I'm like an ambulance that's turning on the sirens
Oh, I'm still alive
I'm like a soldier coming home for the first time
I dodged a bullet and I walked across a landmine
Oh, I'm still alive

Am I bleeding? Am I bleeding from the storm?
Just shine a light into the wreckage, so far away, away

'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way away
'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way away
My way to you

I'm like a junkie tying off for the last time
I'm like a loser that's betting on his last dime
Oh, I'm still alive
I'm like a son that was raised without a father
I'm like a mother barely keeping it together
Oh, I'm still alive

Am I bleeding? Am I bleeding from the storm?
Just shine a light into the wreckage, so far away, away

'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way away
'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way, away, away...

As I walked out on the ledge
Are you scared to death to live?
I've been running all my life
Just to find a home that's for the restless
And the truth that's in the message
Making my way, away, away

'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way away
'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way, away 
'Cause I'm still breathing
'Cause I'm still breathing on my own
My head's above the rain and roses
Making my way, away
My way to you

"I'm still here, still alive." Upon listening to this song for the very first time, it really hit me and what I was going through. It isn't easy to forget about someone that I have put literally everything within my power and ability only to have her gone. From time to time, the painful memories flashed in my mind like a tape recorder, and there was nothing I could do about it but get emotional. But no matter what, I'm still finding my ways to move on and recover.

The blog will be getting a new look as part of the recovering process. Progressively, I will update the title photo and layout.

It took awhile, but opening up to my friends, colleagues and the ones who cared is probably the best thing that happened to me. They gave me their views and motivated me. For my part, I have been seeking forgiveness and prayer from God himself, for only he knows what is right for me.
VSC 92 Intake "Misfits"
My volunteer police training has been going smoothly so far, and I could have never asked for a more better bunch of people as my squadmates. As a joke, we nick-named our little social group as "Misfits", simply because we came together from different backgrounds to train and become volunteer police officers. We hope to motivate and help each other to get to the course and pass out together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment